Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Henry Dixon Teage

Hambo

I was doing a search on this officer in the Gazette and happily his name is so unusual that he's the only one!

He was appointed as a 2nd Lt on the 6th of December 1915 but where I'm confused is that he is listed under "Hampshire Aircraft Parks". Was this a unit in it's own right?

Also in later entries he is listed as "Territorial" the Royal Flying Corps. Did the RFC have a Territorial branch? If so I assume they didn't go overseas

If anyone could shed some light on it I would appreciate it

Thanks John

Link to his original appointment

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/archiveVi...;selHonourType=

Link to his promotion

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/archiveVi...;selHonourType=

Territorial Forces War Medals exist to the RFC and RAF. Presumably they had the same chances of opting to go overseas as any other territorials.

Have you found his RAF papers in AIR 76?

The Hampshire Aircraft Park was the only Territorial Force Unit of the RFC. It was fomed during the Great War from amongst the staff of the Royal Aircraft Factory (RAF). Its first commanding officer was Lt Col Mervyn O'Gorman who was the Superintendent of the RAF.

A few year's ago, there was a good article, by Ray Westlake, about The Hampshire Aircraft Park, in Cross and Cockade. I'm sorry, but I can't tell you which edition

With best regards,

Mike

Hi.

Ray also had an article in the magazine "The Great War" No7 March 2003, your man is in one of the photos.

Tim

Thanks for the information one and all, I was losing hope. How would I get hold of a copy of his picture?

Cancel that request I collect the bl*ody magazine myself and I'm now looking at him. Thanks for the tip

Really irratating when it's right under your nose