Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RFC photographs

kevin dunion

Does anybody know if there is a source of RFC photographs of aircrew. I am specifically looking for an observer, Lieut Philip Ray, who flew with 59 Squadron and died in Bloody April 1917, but even related photographs would be welcome.

• 1 month later...
Does anybody know if there is a source of RFC photographs of aircrew. I am specifically looking for an observer, Lieut Philip Ray, who flew with 59 Squadron and died in Bloody April 1917, but even related photographs would be welcome.

Can't help with Philip Ray but my grandfather Ignatius Welby also flew with 59 squadron and I have two or three pics. Also have a web address relating to the Ormerod family who lost a relative during the April. Will be pleased to forward if you are still interested. Likewise,also interested in anything you may have. Kind regards. Mike

• 2 months later...

Hi democracyofwar,

You can find a photo of the observer, Lieut Philp Ray on the following site

ww1photos.com

Go to Royal Flying Corps

Go to Letter R

and you find

Ray P.O. 2nd Lt.

Best Regards,

Vincent Borg

Naxxar,

Malta.