Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Menin Gate at Midnight

Ice Tiger

Does anyone know where I can get a print of the 1927 painting "Menin Gate at Midnight" by William Longstaff.

I have been searching for a while now & have been unable to find anyone who stocks this print.

Andy

Try www.battlefields.co.uk they are the UK and Europe distributors.

I have the same print and a few more of the Canadian memorials etc, in fact the whole series of these prints (think there are 4 in total)

Bought them from Bovington Tank Museum Shop, Bovington. These can be ordered over the phone from them also and come in tubes perfectly adequate for posting.

Jon

They are usually in stock at the bookshop just down the road from the Menin Gate.

Bruce

Thanks to all who have replied.

This print will now soon be hanging on my wall.

Thanks again

Andy

Can anybody supply the short story behind the pic ? I remember mention of the houses in the distance with their lights on. also the wheatsheaf/stooks in the foreground. Its an interesting piece and makes you look at the pic through different eyes too. does anybody have it ? "MO"

Can anybody supply the short story behind the pic ? I remember mention of the houses in the distance with their lights on. also the wheatsheaf/stooks in the foreground. Its an interesting piece and makes you look at the pic through different eyes too. does anybody have it ? "MO"

Don't have it but the details of the story behind it is at Will Longstaff's Menin Gate at midnight (Ghosts of Menin Gate)

Edward

• 4 weeks later...

I just love this work of art and also the annonymous verse that goes with it. Really hauntingly beautiful.

Susan.