Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Free WW1 & Post war magazines

MikeW

I have in my possession 8 or 9 volumes (4 issues per volume) of German Lovers Quarterly (or Over The Front as it's formally known), "Too many to count" sets of WW1 Aero, and a large collection of Sky Ways.

These are mostly in very good to mint condition although some of the WW1 Aeros have annotations in the margins. These are free to anyone who:

1) can convince me they will go to a deserving home and not be stuck on e-bay for a quick buck (I know who most of you dealers are so don't even think about it)

2) can pick them up from either Christchurch, Dorset (evenings, weekends) or Bracknell (during the day).

I will not take money for these, I want them to go to someone who will genuinely use them. I have them because they came with a job lot of Cross & Cockades which completed my collection - I don't like Over the Front, have little interest in between the wars aircraft, and simply don't have the room for the WW1 Aeros.

Mike

Here's a thought out of no-where Mike.

Ever thought about dropping into your local school and handing them over to that 13 yr old who would saw his own left arm off for the opportunity ?. He shouldn't be too hard to spot . His eyes will be gleaming when he see's the mags .You could even sign a few for him ( better add her to be politically correct ) as you are an author .

I remember that if that had happened to me at that age I would never forget it . Maybe we imagine " the youth of today " to be so different than we were back then ... but one hopes that's not really the case .

Generous offer , what ever the case . You RNAS guy's are nicer than one imagines .

Here's a thought out of no-where Mike.

Ever thought about dropping into your local school and handing them over to that 13 yr old who would saw his own left arm off for the opportunity ?. He shouldn't be too hard to spot . His eyes will be gleaming when he see's the mags .You could even sign a few for him ( better add her to be politically correct ) as you are an author .

I remember that if that had happened to me at that age I would never forget it . Maybe we imagine " the youth of today " to be so different than we were back then ... but one hopes that's not really the case .

Generous offer , what ever the case . You RNAS guy's are nicer than one imagines .

Brilliant idea!

I agree, it's a very good idea. I've got 4 boys between 15 and 19 and asked if they knew anyone at Uni, 6th Form College, and school who would be interested and they looked at me as though I was out to lunch! Kids these days are just not interested. If they make models it's Warhammer, not Airfix kits.

I need the space, otherwise I would hold out until I could find a youngster that would benifit.

Mike

Mike, I am sure the reference library at the Brussels Air Museum (where I do a lot of reference work) would love to have them. If you would like to donate them to the library, I can help arrange it. And they wouldn't sell them on E-Bay. Doc

John_G - of course I spoke to Colin first, apart from suggesting an advert in the September journal he was too strapped for space! As am I, they have to go. Banker's boxes take up a lot of space and are heavy when full of magazines.

A suitable recipient has been awarded the OTFs and WW1 Aeros. Still have the Skyways up for grabs.

Mike