Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rosamund Curtis or Curteis

chrisharley9

On the Roll of Honour Medical Database I have a Rosamund Curtis of BRCS VAD Suffolk 48 det died of influenza sometime during 1918

The original CWGC Register for Adershot Mil Cem shows a Nurse R Curteis VAD Grave AG390 died 14 Nov 1918 - I think I have the right DC ref in Q4 1918 in that she is shown as aged 48 & died Farnham distirct - she does not appear on the present CWGC on line register

Is there any connection between these 2 ladies indeed is she the same person & why has she been removed from the CWGC database

Chris

Chris

This image is from the IWM 'Women, War and Society' collection. It strongly suggests that your references are for the same woman - i.e. the spelling of the surname and cause of death as per the Roll of Honour Database, combined with the date of death in the orignal CWGC Register. Perhaps it was found later that she did not qualify for CWGC status, having been discharged prior to her death/dying of a non war related illness. Or perhaps she has been left off in error. Presumably the CWGC are the ones to answer that question.

Sue

Sue

thanks very much for the info - how do I go about getting permission from the IWM to use the photo on the Roll of Honour site

Looks like off to the Non Commemorated Section for further action

Chris

Chris

All these photos of VADs who died came via the Thomson Gale database free access during 'Library Week' last year. So for the month of April 2006 they were online for all to see, with a whole host of other things from the IWM. I would think a letter/email to the IWM will get a yea or nay. If they are happy for T-G to put them online, they surely can't be surprised that people want to use them, and you're not doing it for any profit.

Sue

Sue

thanks very much for the tips

Chris