Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Remembering Today

Peter Beckett

I now look forward to the Remembering Today especially when RT or someone else does an information thread on them. I think it is a brilliant way of making a persons sacrifice mean something more than just a name which would be forgotten as time goes by. Is there a log kept so that if one is away, as I was for 5 days at the beach (well it is summer here :P ), one can see who has been missed.

Just a thought

Peter ;)

Peter

Discussion about exactly this in another thread a day or so back. Terry Denham is offering to co-ordinate if Chris will provide the technical wherewithall.

And I am so, so envious of you. You might like to know that here in the North West it is damned cold (OK - not cold like the Canadians will talk of cold - but a bit chilly, then)

John

I am always happy to supply anyone with the details of the names that have appeared to date by email. Then the names can be checked using the search facilty.

Peter

I have emailed you the list to date.

Terry and others have raised the possibility of keeping the discussions on those who have featured in 'Remembering Today' in a separate area, or something along those lines. I'm not sure that adding another area to the forum would be good (it is a bit over the optimum in terms of number of areas presented, as it is), but I can certainly see the point. In particular, there are some outstanding examples of (very rapid) research done by Christine, Teapots and others. I could create a web page that keeps a log of those thus remembered, and includes the research. That would not be too difficult to do and means the info would be accessible in a structured way, in addition to the scattered original posts. How about that?

and includes the research. That would not be too difficult to do and means the info would be accessible in a structured way, in addition to the scattered original posts. How about that?

Fine by me, but there is some extraneous matter that creeps in, towards the end of an item, with various comments from people, including me! Could this be weeded out, or maybe a summary of the research written for each person?

And just put a link to that page on the Forum.

Chris,

I like the idea of a web page with a link also Christine's "weeding comment"

Terry,

would you please email me the list again as my spam filter decided to clean all of this mornings email ( The spam filter is now listed as officially missing in action)

John,

I have to tell you it is a real burden having to put up with days of 30+ temp days but is is only going to be 28 today B) , especially after the 5 weeks of 30+ days in UK, France, Belgium and Denmark earlier this year. Guess I will have to suffer with a few cold tinnies

Peter ;)