Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Google Earth

Neil Clark

For the benefit of forum members I thought I should draw your attention(s) to the fact that Google Earth now covers the whole of Kent!

Bearing in mind Kent's relevance to both World Wars, I am sure there are many potential Google Earth flyers out there waiting for this opportunity? Well boys (and a few girls) - the time has finally arrived!!!!!!!

No low flying before 7 a.m (9 a.m on sundays cos I have my weekly "lay in" then) or after 9p.m and strictly no barrel rolling!!!

Enjoy.

For this non-tecchie how do I access this please?

Google Earth is a Free downloadable program, here:

http://earth.google.com/

(Green button, top right)

Steve.

Pardon my ignorance, Neil. I have used Google Earth, but do you have some special software or application for simulating flying over the satellite image? (or am I simply being obtuse?)

Move your cursor to the top right hand corner and move the marker along the horizontal bar to tip the map.

Then use the arrows on the compass or the arrow keys on the keyboard to fly. The keys are quicker.

Steve.

Pardon my ignorance, Neil. I have used Google Earth, but do you have some special software or application for simulating flying over the satellite image? (or am I simply being obtuse?)

You're being obtuse! What a lovely word...

Neil