1. 1. May MGWAT Poll- WHY ?- vote for your favorite

• Spike- The Hardest Letter
    • Landsturm and Johanna- WHY
    • Ozzie- Here in Hell
    • Gunboat- Why, Why, Why?
    • Chris CPGW- The Telegram
    • Susan Hemmings- Such pain

One further thing -

There is a facility to allow you to vote for more than one selection in the poll set up- should we try this next month ?

I could have voted for more than just one - an art piece and a prose piece perhaps- just to get the recognition I feel the varying types of art deserve.

Perhaps if the voters posted their reasoning for the multiple vote, to try and keep it fair, eg:

Art piece-X

Prose piece-Y

Poem -Z

Overall piece-ZZ

I always feel slightly bad that in voting for the overall best and missing out good works because ,for example, I like a really good piece of descriptive writing. It does not mean I do not appreciate the other artwork

It is just a thought...... what do others think??

Unfortunately we cannot try it this month as I've already set the poll to one vote.....

Thanks Spike. I was going for yours, until I got home and seen Chris's, those hands just spoke words without words.

Spike it's worth a try! I too, find it hard when someone posts a very evocative piece of writing, or a poem, or a drawing that justs screams at you, and then you have to choose!!!

I appreciate the chance and the challenge to come up with something. We don't critise here, I would not mind at all if someone did, but it is an encouraging evironment for people to have a go, and if Spike's suggestion entices more people to have a go, then that can only be good. What do ya all reckon?

Well done everyone. Hopefully the next topic will bring forward more entries. Who is dong the next one? Maybe Susan would like to nominate a title?

Cheers

Kim

One further thing -

There is a facility to allow you to vote for more than one selection in the poll set up- should we try this next month ?

I could have voted for more than just one - an art piece and a prose piece perhaps- just to get the recognition I feel the varying types of art deserve.

Perhaps if the voters posted their reasoning for the multiple vote, to try and keep it fair, eg:

Art piece-X

Prose piece-Y

Poem -Z

Overall piece-ZZ

I always feel slightly bad that in voting for the overall best and missing out good works because ,for example, I like a really good piece of descriptive writing. It does not mean I do not appreciate the other artwork

It is just a thought...... what do others think??

Spike,

I think this is a very good idea!

This way artwork or prose can be voted for individualy, therefore giving everybody a chance and still allowing for an overall winner.

I have just re-read what Ive written, sounds like Crufts.

Regards

Chris

I'll run a test multi choice poll, in the test section, later next week, just to see how it works. See if it's worth using on the MGWAT :mellow:

Please check out the Test Multiple Vote in the test section to see if we will consider using it next month, or in the coming months. Go on, have a go...... Let me know what you think....

LINK TO TEST MULTIPLE VOTE

Hi Spike,

I think this idea as got legs, I would be very interested in what the other regular users and voters think and go with the consensus.

Regards

Chris

I'm all for advances in the demorcratic process

But do regular MGWATTERS understand voting for more than one person .....look what happened in Scotland :D

As Spike is looking for a means of being more inclusive by trying to develop a system that allows a vote for the different types entry I am tempted to push the boundaries of artistic endeavour and enter a video clip of my interpretation of KAMERAD through the media of Jazz Dance.

Don't panic only joking :rolleyes:

I am tempted to push the boundaries of artistic endeavour and enter a video clip of my interpretation of KAMERAD through the media of Jazz Dance.

Grrrrreat :rolleyes: