Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What other record can I get?

KiwiHeather

Further to my previous posts, I have now purchased the ADM online from the National Archive for the James Paterson whose birth details closely matched our relative, ( who I am only guessing is the sailor in my photo). However, I was pretty disappointed as there is nothing on this record to confirm that I have the correct James Paterson, like next of kin or address etc.

How else can I find out whether this James Paterson J45019 is the right man, without spending too much money?

Hoping someone can help as I would love to be able to identify the men in my photo.

Regards

KiwiHeather

post-20491-1180265594.jpg

Further to my previous posts, I have now purchased the ADM online from the National Archive for the James Paterson whose birth details closely matched our relative, ( who I am only guessing is the sailor in my photo). However, I was pretty disappointed as there is nothing on this record to confirm that I have the correct James Paterson, like next of kin or address etc.

How else can I find out whether this James Paterson J45019 is the right man, without spending too much money?

Hoping someone can help as I would love to be able to identify the men in my photo.

Regards

KiwiHeather

Hi,

Does the Place of Birth in the top right hand corner of the ADM not help indicate further research possibilities? Is it where your relative was born or near to it?

I can`t quite make out the ship`s name on the cap ribbon of the rating in your photograph. If it matches one of the ships listed in the ADM then it might [but not definitely] be the chap you are looking for. If it does not match then you can be fairly certain that it is not James Paterson.

David.

Hi,

Does the Place of Birth in the top right hand corner of the ADM not help indicate further research possibilities? Is it where your relative was born or near to it?

I can`t quite make out the ship`s name on the cap ribbon of the rating in your photograph. If it matches one of the ships listed in the ADM then it might [but not definitely] be the chap you are looking for. If it does not match then you can be fairly certain that it is not James Paterson.

David.

Hi Arabis

Greetings from New Zealand.

Thanks for your interest and reply. I can't find a decent map online but I think the birthplace we have for James as Dalserf is fairly close, geographically to the birthplace on the ADM which shows Dalzeil.

The writing on the ADM is very hard to read but it does not appear to have any ship starting with Princess, so I guess this is not our James.

Regards

Heather