Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TSS Nestor

Ozzie

Took this photo of a photo at the local RSL. Sorry for the poor quality but had to stand on a table and lean very sideways to get the photo.

Can anyone give any further info on the ship or the man.

I can go back and ask for it to be taken down for a better photo.

Cheers

Kim

post-6083-1180096282.jpg

Took this photo of a photo at the local RSL. Sorry for the poor quality but had to stand on a table and lean very sideways to get the photo.

Can anyone give any further info on the ship or the man.

I can go back and ask for it to be taken down for a better photo.

Cheers

Kim

hi kim, tss nester was a blue funnel line ship turbine steam ship started by alfred holt and co. hope this helps a little . tony

hi kim, tss nester was a blue funnel line ship turbine steam ship started by alfred holt and co. hope this helps a little . tony

kim ,just google in tss nester, lots of hits and info, you could get lucky with man . tony

Thanks, mate. Will do this. Would like to add the story to the photo for the boys at the RSL that do a great job, albiet with dwindling numbers.

Silly me, not to google first.

Cheers

Kim

Thanks, mate. Will do this. Would like to add the story to the photo for the boys at the RSL that do a great job, albiet with dwindling numbers.

Silly me, not to google first.

Cheers

Kim

no problem, it seems tss nester was a troop ship from sept/1915 till 1918 carrying the Australian expeditionary force and in ww2 sept/oct 1940 carried australian sailors to England to man the n class destroyer HMAS NESTOR. TONY

Thanks Tony.

Should be able to write up something for the RSL. Wish I could get a name and history on the soldier in the photo, but I don't think even Sherlock could manage that one.

Cheers

Kim

Thanks Tony.

Should be able to write up something for the RSL. Wish I could get a name and history on the soldier in the photo, but I don't think even Sherlock could manage that one.

Cheers

Kim

hi kim, you could write on some one else who sailed on her and came home from ww1 or 2 lots of stories on bbc people at war . all the very best any way. tony