8linc7ra

Hi

Miss Beatrice Mary Hdgson

enlisted 6th May 1915 VAD Lincoln 38

residence 17 Eastgate Lincoln

died 29th December 1919

BMD age 40yrs

Lincoln 7a 547

would appreciate any help in finding out a bit more about this lady as shes the only woman on a rememberace tablet in a Lincoln church. The above is all i have on her.

Many thanks

John

Hi

Miss Beatrice Mary Hdgson

enlisted 6th May 1915 VAD Lincoln 38

residence 17 Eastgate Lincoln

died 29th December 1919

BMD age 40yrs

Lincoln 7a 547

would appreciate any help in finding out a bit more about this lady as shes the only woman on a rememberace tablet in a Lincoln church. The above is all i have on her.

Many thanks

John

John, This is a new one to me. I suspect that she was no longer in the V.A.D. when she died and therefore unrecorded for most purposes. But someone in Lincoln (probably family) wanted her remembered as she likely put in three years of war work before her death. I have searched my Register for all of the Beatrice Mary's as casualties in case she had married but nothing has turned up. I would appreciate a photograph of the remembrance tablet if you have one please so that I can at least record this lady in my Register. Also the particular church that you found it. Thanks. (jimstrawbridge@coinsale.fsnet.co.uk)

John

As she died so long after the Armistice, it seems likely that she was no longer an active VAD Member. Her death certificate, for which you have the reference, will give cause of death, and her occupational status at the time. The British Red Cross Society may well have a record of service for her - contact details here:

BRCS Personnel Records

Sue

John

As she died so long after the Armistice, it seems likely that she was no longer an active VAD Member. Her death certificate, for which you have the reference, will give cause of death, and her occupational status at the time. The British Red Cross Society may well have a record of service for her - contact details here:

BRCS Personnel Records

Sue

Thank you both for your help. Jim when i go back il get a photo for you for your records thank you both again

John