Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Captain Humphrey French Flowers RAF

kingsnorth36

I am researching Captain Humphrey French Flowers RAF, Killed in action on October 14TH 1918 alongside his observer 2nd Lieut A.R Bennett.

Couldnt see a record of him being claimed in "the Sky their battlefield", wondered if he appeared elsewhere ?

any research or info on the Capatin or his Observer apreciated.

Capt H F Flowers (formerly Royal Field Artillery), aged 22 and from Corringham, Lincolnshire, and 2Lt Andrew Russell Bennet, aged 22 and from Newcastle-on-Tyne were flying in Armstrong Whitworth FK 8 C8557 of No 82 Sqn RAF when they were killed in action on 14 October 1918. C8557 was shot down over Ledeghem at about 1100. There doesn't appear to be a corresponding German fighter claim in the authoritative sources; perhaps ground fire was responsible.

I hope that this helps.

Gareth

Thanks Gareth for your help as always

Regards

Richard

• 7 months later...

I am the historian for the Artillery brigade to which Humphrey Flowers was appointed on first leaving OC training school. Can you contact me please on dennis(at)denniscorbett.com and we can perhaps exchange some information.

regards

Dennis

Both officer's RAF service records should be in AIR 76 and their RFC/army records in the usual army places.