Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

35 Fire Command

bigronhartley

Hello,

Can anyone please help with information regarding 35 Fire Command ? What units would come under the umbrella of this unit ? Where was it based ? Many thanks.

Regards

Ron

Hi Ron me again,

35(Donegal)Fire Command, R.G.A. were based at Lough Swilly. 15 Coy, R.G.A. appear to have served with it along with the Antrim R.G.A.(S.R.).

15 Coy, R.G.A. seem to have been shared with 34(Antrim)Fire Command, R.G.A., during this period of time.

15 Coy, R.G.A. were formed by the redesignation of 30 Coy, Southern Division, R.G.A. on 1/1/1902. In October 1918 it was serving as above, but was eventually absorbed into 33 Fire Command, R.G.A.. This in itself appears odd as my source says 33 F.C. was never formed and shows no wartime service.

On 27/1/1921 15 Coy, R.G.A. became part of 'Q' Coast Bty, R.G.A., which had been formed originally from 64 Coy, R.G.A. at Londonderry. This unit was later designated as 37th Heavy Bty,R.A. on 1st June 1924.

15 Coy, R.G.A.'s records were taken over by 20th(Pack)Bty, R.A. in May 1924, which was designated as 20th Pack Bty, R.A. on 1st June 1924.

There must have been a lot of confused gunners at this time, as even I have trouble following it at times.

Graham.

Hello Graham,

Many thanks for the details regarding 35 Fire Command, R.G.A. I couldn't find a reference to it in any of my books. Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Ron