Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

East Africa roll

Chris Boonzaier

I am on a shaky computer link, so this will be redone later...

But here for now...

After years on the backburner, here is a roll of the mounted brigade officers in the South African forces in East Africa in WW1.

I think it is a great "at a glance" reference as with a simple pair or trio there is no indication as to whether the officer served in East africa or not.

E.G. I have a trio to an NCO who served in South West Africa. His records have been misplaced in the pretoria archives, so this roll was the only confirmation that he served in East Africa as well.

Version 1, and I hope of use to you...

http://www.kaiserscross.com/40117/59401.html

Chris

Thank you very much.

You have worked hard & provided us with another outstanding piece of research.

Well done for the work involved & for being so generous.

Regards

Harry

Hi,

I found it buried deep in the archives in Pretoria, but had to type the thing three times (twice loosing it in crashes).

I will be listing by unit later on... to try and get a bit more order into the list.

Best

chrs

Hi,

I found it buried deep in the archives in Pretoria, but had to type the thing three times (twice loosing it in crashes).

I will be listing by unit later on... to try and get a bit more order into the list.

Best

chrs

hi chris, great work / i dont know how you managed to get it typed once never mind three times. regards tony

hi chris, great work / i dont know how you managed to get it typed once never mind three times. regards tony

I have been working on it off and on... always 2/3rds there then lost it on a computer crash... thought "stuff this, I have the photocopies"... then had some time this week to do it all again..

redone and I think vastly improved.