Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Which regimental cap badge is this.

Guest pault

Can anyone recognise the cap badge from the photo. unfortunatly it's a little blurred. I feel it might be the Rifle brigade or another light infantry regiment, but which one leaves me stumped.

Thanks everyone

pault

post-1-1071923445.jpg

Dear Pault,

I will try and look into this picture. In the mean time, I ran it through adobe photoshop to get rid of that browness. Here's you pic, hopefully looking a bit better.

all the best

Paul

post-1-1071930969.jpg

I feel it might be the Rifle brigade or another light infantry regiment, but which one leaves me stumped.

Thanks everyone

pault

Not the Rifle Brigade. It looks to me like the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry (DCLI). However, someone with better eyes than mine may decide that it belongs to another unit. Definately a Light Infantry horn though.

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Beppo - I agree with you DCLI. Too big for the Ox & Bucks LI & the DLI. Also if it was the Rifle Brigade the soldiers buttons would be black and not brass.

Ian

Thanks paul for improving the photo, it certainly seems a little clearer.

The reason I initially believed the man in question belonged to the Rifle Brigade

is that some years ago on the death of a maiden aunt, while clearing her belongings the photograph came to light. also a medal "squek" inscribed round the edge 35067 Pte G Smith Rif Brig. of course i could be putting two and two together and making five. but she never married and lived virtually her entire life in the same house. Her name was Reeves. so who was G Smith

Thanks everyone

pault

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Well if it was the guy who was in the Rifle Brigade, he could have transferred to the DCLI (or whatever) or been in it prior to his RB service.