Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

National Roll of the Great War

auchonvillerssomme

I have disovered a man with 2 seperate entries in the national roll of the Great war section 9 - Bradford. One slightly different to the other. He is also in the index twice.

Anyone else noticed men with duplicate entries?

Mick

Not noticed it but the news comes as no surprise bearing in mind the commercial nature of the publication. You can easily imagine the salesman knocking on the door of two different relatives and signing them both up.

John

Yes, i have.

The CDs are arranged in a peculiar manner as well (as you are all probably aware).

Don't have the CD's...prefer the solid feel of the book.

Mick

Mick, me too. But, they were too expensive....!!

They still make a fascinating read though whatever format I suppose....

Susan.

I have a wife who indulges my collection....probably on the basis that she knows where i am and what i'm doing and it allows her to be guilt free when she buys another Radley handbag!

Mick

:lol:

Radley?? crumbs. I did not even know what one of those was (seriously and I am not young) until one of the ladies at work said she had got one from the famous auction site. Said she paid £140 for it. I nearly had a fit. Mind you it was lovely. (ooops hope you know how much they are - goodness knows how much they sell for)....... oh well, you can indluge her too........

It's nice that your wife indulges you. She probably knows that with the weight of those volumes you won't be making any quick exits from home.......

She wasn't happy when i had to confess to accidently running over her Radley umbrella. At least she wasn't holding it at the time.

Mick

I hope there wasn't any of it left to stick you with!!

I just cannot imagine......... :D