Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TV listing

Marco

Monday December 22nd on NED3: 'Dokwerk: de laatste eer' about the missing of ww1 and ww2. It features The Diggers and runs for 90 mins.

Have fun!

Regards,

Marco

Thanks, Marco.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Actually I hesitated to announce it on the Forum, since I haven't the foggiest idea if TV viewers in the UK can receive Dutch TV ('Nederland 3'). Is it on your cable over there ? Or only by satellite ?

Anyway, this is how the programme is announced in our TV magazines :

"Documentary about the missing soldiers who in WW1 and WW2 remained on the 'fields of honour'.

Where once on Belgian and French soil battles were fought, now roads are being laid, industrial estates are being built, and new residential areas are constructed. And even now remains of fallen soldiers are being found. English, French and American organisations try to identify these remains and search for relatives.

It is true that the Dutch TV team spent some afternoons with us in the summer of 2002, on the Boezinge site (and filmed the finding of three German soldiers). They were also present at the reburial of Private Wilkinson at Prowse Point (Ploegsteert), and as far as I remember also filmed exhumations or finds of human remains in the North of France.

Aurel

The only way we could get Nederland 3 was via a movable satellite dish. With the advent of digital dishes the movable ones seem to have disappeared. So no go for me...

John

Aurel,

Dutch TV etc. = forum payback time for all those times I see excellent listing for Channel 4 and The History Channel which I can't recieve! :D Serouisly, there are some Dutch and Belgian forum members that should be able to watch.

I wonder if the Christmas truce program that is listed somewhere else on the forum as being shown in the UK on Christmas day is the same as the Belgium TV had a few days back in the program ' Histories'. All the Belgians were speaking English, so probbaly an English doc.

My DVD recorder can hardly keep up....

Also I must say that the former Chanel 4 series 'The Great War' which is now being shown on The Discovery channel is the best thing I have seen for a long time. Not only the usual Ypres and Somme stuff but also things like Africa and Italy (Lagazuoi): http://www.xs4all.nl/Battlefields/italytravel.htm. It was nice to see those places again.

Regards,

Marco

Chris,

If you tape anyling ww1 relevant on Channel 4 and The History Channel for me, I'll tape all the episodes of Ter land ter zee en in de lucht for you. This is actually a good deal for you. The program is running for 500 years now and looks like it will do an other 500 or so.... :rolleyes:

I'll only do this if it doesn't get you into trouble with the wife. I think the only reason you are watching is because of the current presentor (Nance):

http://whitelodge.com/nance/

Regards,

Marco

Well, that was nice. Warneton, Boesinghe, Pont-du-Jour etc. Since you are not a critic if you have nothing to criticize: During a narrative on a bus about the Somme and the missing of the Somme they were driving past the Cambrai memorial to the Missing calling it Longueval. Naturally the doc. makers may have used sound recorded somewhere else. Never trust the Dutch! :D

Regards,

Marco