The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Finding enlistment details etc

dobbin

I have heard abut this can anyone tell me what it is and how to use it please. I would like to find out where my Uncles were living when they joined up. I do have a home address but i want to double chechk. Is it possible to know the date they enlisted please >colin

It gives info such as birthplace, enlistment place, Abode, date of death, how killed, number rank.

Not all of the above on all men though. It does not give enlistment date though. depending on which Regiment , someone on the list may be able to help with that.

If you put his name and Battalion someone can check. I only have some 20 of them in book form (out of 80) but others have the disc with all on.

stevem

SOME medal cards at the WFA have details on the back which might be an address

I would like to find out where my Uncles were living when they joined up. I do have a home address but i want to double chechk. Is it possible to know the date they enlisted please.

If you post the names I'm sure will somebody will tell you if their place of enlistment and / or residence is listed.

As to your second point, SDGW does not indicate a date of enlistment.

I have heard abut this can anyone tell me what it is and how to use it please. I would like to find out where my Uncles were living when they joined up. I do have a home address but i want to double chechk. Is it possible to know the date they enlisted please >colin

Thanks Steve for the help. Colin

If you post the names I'm sure will somebody will tell you if their place of enlistment and / or residence is listed.

As to your second point, SDGW does not indicate a date of enlistment.

Thanks Andrew. Colin