Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rare Dust Jackets

ahewer

I have just launched a website devoted to the art of the dust jackets which appeared on the literature of the Great War published between 1914 & 1939. As collectors will know these have become very scarce indeed as the jacket was routinely discarded in the first half of the last century. Many of them are works of art in their own right and as I have accumulated a large collection over the last 30 years I thought it would be of lasting interest if these became more accesible to others. This is a purely non-commercial site and I am hoping other collectors will send me images from their own libraries for inclusion on the site. The address is

http://www.greatwardustjackets.co.uk/ . There have been many favourable reviews elsewhere on this forum.

Thanks for looking (I hope),

alan

I'll certainly keep a look out for dust jackets but I don't think that I have a single pre-WW2 one amongst about 200 items of the time (certainly not all WW1 books). How anyone could throw away the ones illustrated on your excellent site I can not imagine but I suppose that I would have done had I been around then along with the rest. Now I know why the catalogues flag them up.

Ian