Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Netta Daniel OBE

eltoro1960

Netta Daniel who originally hailed from First Street , Newtongrange was awarded an OBE in the War Workers Honours list. In 1917 whilst she was working in the huge cordite munitions factory at Gretna in the Scottish Borders,she was awarded the medal for tackling a potentially devestating fire in the factory, a very courageous lady.

I can't find her award in the London Gazette, can anyone assist.

Thanks for that, yes that is her, the LG is so frustrating at times, I put in Daniel and selected OBE in the civilian medal list but it didn't bring her up. A black art at times I think every other search where I tried putting the name in in the format 'Joe Bloggs' came up with nought.

Cheer- PS Did you catch the update on the Brash MM from Edinburgh, his daughter was the highest bidder at the auction. :)

Glad it went to the family hope it wasnt too expensive. By the way the reason you didnt find your lady was that its not an OBE listing the searches can be very specific at times. p.s. with women always try full names first. Also christian names if uncommon work well :)

gareth

Sadly the MM went for nearly £1600 when all the extras had been added on. :( Noticed the ladies got their full title, the age of chivalry and all that.