Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

As From Kemmel Hill

paul guthrie

Q M Dabney qmdabney@qmdabney.com has reprint for $21.95. What do you think? Thanks.

Just saw they have 8 vols. of OH too from $65 to $300, that is on March 18 offensive. Gee, do they have a lot of titles!

It's a great book and well worth this price; the author was an RGA officer during this period. Great descriptions of the Salient. The original is now almost impossible to find; it did not sell when it came out and I think most were pulped.

Must agree with Paul. A very fine book - especially good on March 1918. I am pleased to have a signed first edition.

Also wrote a book on his earlier experiences as an infantry subaltern in Gallipoli.

• 3 weeks later...

Arthur F Behrend was Adjutant of 90th Heavy Artillery Brigade, RGA, the unit which is featured in "As From Kemmel Hill". He wrote a second book about the same brigade: "Nine Days: Adventures of A Heavy Artillery Brigade of the Third Army during the German Offensive of March 21-29, 1918." Both books are great reads! Regards. Dick Flory

• 10 months later...

Since there was another post regarding Kemmel I thought I'd bring this post back up. I was also curious if any other Pals had read this book over the past year and could offer some other insights.

Andy