Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

rnrt pembroke 2

calvin

hello all, my great uncles george angus gallant and robert gallant both served during the great war on trawlers in the rnr. robert gallant 127 grafton st. grimsby 319 ldg. deck hand rnrt, rn barracks portsmouth. and george angus gallant 127 grafton st. grimsby, 1822 s.t. trim. rnr. pembroke 2, can any one help with info. on their service and photos of pembroke 2 , also their war service. any info. at all would be very helpful. thankyou all again kind regards john

I think Pembroke II refers to either Sheerness Dock Yard or Eastchurch RNAS station both of which were located on the Isle of Sheppy in Kent.

One more possibility is the RNAS Air Ship Station at nearby Kingsnorth on the Isle of Grain in Medway, Kent.

HMS Pembroke as you probably know was located at Chatham Royal Naval Barracks in Kent. I am quite sure that Pembroke II was based nearby.

hello neil, thanks for that, i will look into it, thanks for the help , regards john

HMS PEMBROKE II was an accounting base at Chatham for small ships and outstations. Since it was just an office full of RN Writers, scribbling away at pay accounts, I don't think a photo would be especially enlightening.

thanks horatio2, i totally agree with, do you know what the 1822 s.t. trim means , would it be something to do with steam trawler trimmer, or am i off line , thanks john

I think that is his official number 1822.ST - ST denotes a Trimmer in the Special Trawler Section. I hope an 'expert' will confirm.

thanks again horatio2, it makes sense, rgards john