Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Manual for Military Artificers

NORTHDUK

Does anyone have a copy of the small manual that, I think, is called the Manual for Military Artificers? If so, could they let me have copies of the instructions for mixing paint and the lists of ingredients for the paint mixes? I don't know how many editions of this manual there were but this material from any issue would be of interest. Issues near to the World War One period would be of greatest interest.

I'd be most grateful.

Gordon McLaughlin

Gordon

I have a 1915 (10th) edition of that manual, with the painting section you mention. PM me your address, I'll sort you a copy.

Carl

I have a 1910 copy but maybe thats a bit early for you. Interesting books all the same.

Mick

I have a 1910 copy but maybe thats a bit early for you. Interesting books all the same.

Mick

Thanks for your reply.

It would be interesting to see the material from the 1910 issue. It would cover the colours applied to horse drawn vehicles in the period between the Boer War and WW1. If you could copy or scan the painting sections for me, I'd be grateful.

Gordon McLaughlin

Thanks for your reply.

It would be interesting to see the material from the 1910 issue. It would cover the colours applied to horse drawn vehicles in the period between the Boer War and WW1. If you could copy or scan the painting sections for me, I'd be grateful.

Gordon McLaughlin

No problem will do it later when I get home from work.

Mick

pm sent

Mick