The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

george foster of great carlton lincs.

calvin

hello all, ileft amessage the other day regarding my great uncle george who died on 4-11-18. igot areply that said he died at home. his name is on the cwgc site and iwondered how you knew that he died at home and was it a result of injuries sustained and then he died later of them or was his body sent home. i sorry but this confusing me alittle but i would like to get a complete picture of what happened to him thanks john baxter

John

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) website of casualties says that a George FOSTER 111489 Driver Royal Field Artillery,age 23.died on 3/11/1918 and was buried in the Churchyard of St John the Baptist,Great Carlton or Carlton Magna. Is this your man ? There was no record of a George on the 4th November 1918 but a total of 21 results for other dates for this name in 1918. This may suggest that he died in the UK and may well have been one of the tens of thousands of Spanish Flu victims of that year, which was pandemic.

Best wishes

Sotonmate

Soldiers Died in the Great War has

Foster George Born Fordingham , Alford, Lincs enlisted Louth Lincs, 111489 Driver, died, home 3/11/1918.

If this is him he died of something other than wounds.

saying that i have a man who actually died on the same day - He died as a result of Gas and died at home. He was listed as 'died'

stevem

John

The Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) website of casualties says that a George FOSTER 111489 Driver Royal Field Artillery,age 23.died on 3/11/1918 and was buried in the Churchyard of St John the Baptist,Great Carlton or Carlton Magna. Is this your man ? There was no record of a George on the 4th November 1918 but a total of 21 results for other dates for this name in 1918. This may suggest that he died in the UK and may well have been one of the tens of thousands of Spanish Flu victims of that year, which was pandemic.

Best wishes

Sotonmate

thanks for the info. yes it was the george foster who died on the 3-11-1918