Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HMS Intrepid Zeebrugge

chelseawh

Does anyone have any information on Albert Ralph Jobson born 23/5/1893 Bromley by Bow (M3812),who served as an armourer on HMS Intrepid on the raid at Zeebrugge?

Yes, I already have this and his birth cretificate details.

Does anyone have any information on Albert Ralph Jobson born 23/5/1893 Bromley by Bow (M3812),who served as an armourer on HMS Intrepid on the raid at Zeebrugge?

He was MID for his part in the raid.

Enlistment documents at the FAA Museum.

Chelseawh,

As you apparently already have most of the basics, what kind of information are you looking for? Have you, for instance, also seen/got accounts of HMS Intrepid's role in the raid? If so, which ones?

Mick

I have been to Kew and read the raid accounts ADM operations, great stuff. I am checking ancestry records etc. but wondered whether anyone had come across any family links as he did survive the raid.

Chelseawh,

As you apparently already have most of the basics, what kind of information are you looking for? Have you, for instance, also seen/got accounts of HMS Intrepid's role in the raid? If so, which ones?

Mick

It's not uncommon for someone to pop up on a thread like this and say 'Sergeant X was my great grandfather', but the information most members will proffer first is military information, as this is not primarily a genealogical forum. So it would have been helpful if you had said what you already had and what you were looking for — it would, for instance, have saved me about 40 minutes of rooting through my records and sources on the Zeebrugge raid.

Mick

[i do apologise for wasting your time on my research enquiry.

quote name=Siege Gunner' date='Mar 29 2007, 11:33 PM' post='655005]

It's not uncommon for someone to pop up on a thread like this and say 'Sergeant X was my great grandfather', but the information most members will proffer first is military information, as this is not primarily a genealogical forum. So it would have been helpful if you had said what you already had and what you were looking for — it would, for instance, have saved me about 40 minutes of rooting through my records and sources on the Zeebrugge raid.

Mick