Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

great uncle

bernie51

Hi all

I am looking for info on my great uncle i have a photo of him he was in the royal navy in the first world war.

his name is bernard gribbin would any one know what ship he sailed on.thank you.

regards bernie.

Hello Bernie, and welcome to the forum.

Are you able to post the photo here? His cap ribbon may give some clue.

Andy

Hi all

I am looking for info on my great uncle i have a photo of him he was in the royal navy in the first world war.

his name is bernard gribbin would any one know what ship he sailed on.thank you.

regards bernie.

Hi max .

thank you for your reply the photo is not very clear it has a black ribbon around the hat.

I have tryed to send it to you but it won.t go .

regards bernie.

Hello Bernie, and welcome to the forum.

Are you able to post the photo here? His cap ribbon may give some clue.

Andy

Hi grace. thank you for your reply i will download service papers but how will i know if he is my uncle.as i know nothing of him any help most welcome.

regards bernie.

Bernie, do you have any idea where the family lived? If they were from the north-west of England, then James Bernard may be your uncle, but we don't have a way of knowing for sure without a bit more detail.

There is a limit of 100kb for posting pictures. If your photo is larger than this, you'll need to reduce the size to post it.

You probably need to do a little family history research first then.

We could help if you supply a little information.

What was you Grandfather's name? Where did he live? Do you know his parents names?

Steve.

EDIT: Sorry Grace...

No need to apologise, Steve! I'm off to the pub now anyway, so will leave it in your much more capable hands! :)

Hi all

regards bernie.

hi max

could you have a look at my photo of my great uncle and see if you can make out what ship he sailed on.

thank you

regards bernie.

post-20008-1175031057.jpg