Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Soren

If he were to live there today, his reading would be disturbed by the periodic roar of engines as drivers undergoing training negotiate the road junction just to the North.

• 2 weeks later...

nice one soren .what a strange man lawence was and what a strange house in one of the rooms he had put up tinfoil on the wall perhaps some sort of insulation .i asked the curater if there was ever a women in his life he said no but they did find some camel dung in the bike shed .tom

I was reminded more of "Changing Rooms" when I visited - the tin foil wall-covering in one room, the door of leather in another. Aspects of decor seemed very impractical and only done for the initial impact.

And yet there was this quote "Nothing in Clouds Hill is to be a care upon the world. While I have it there shall be nothing exquisite or unique in it. Nothing to anchor me." A contradictory and complex man

i tell you what about the house its nice n handy for work in bovington .i think he may have died on the nearby road on his motorbike .tom