Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Guards Division

freddy1918

No doubt tons of people of got them, but have got the Guards Division WW1 History, as well as regimentals for Coldstreams, Grenadiers, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards. I guess it would be a help if anyone needed a lookup on someone who served in more than one guards outfit etc, but I'd be happy to do look ups/scan maps or whatever.

Freddy

Hi could you please look up for me 1st bn Scots Guards positions on the last week in March as my wife's great uncle served in the Scots Guards and was killed on 30th of that month. Also does it mention what German units were in opposition to them and finally is there a trench map to show it. Thanks that information will help us to put one of the last pieces of his time in the Scots Guards. Thanks again.

Forgot to put in year it was 1916. His name was James Anderson.

No map of details of enemy troops I'm afraid. I'm braindead when it comes to the answers for those but I am sure that there is someone on the forum who would know inside out what was going on in the area at the time and who was present. Hopefully they can help. Here is the write up in the regimental history though..

post-18928-1173876156.jpg

post-18928-1173876226.jpg

Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me what the 1st bn Scots were doing between Feb 1915-Jul 1915. The reason I asking is that I have war diaries either side of those dates. Thanks

Hi there :D I am new to this site and will no doubt be looking at all the threads that have been posted over the months. I am also a member of two other sites where as a lot of military history can be gained from various people regarding the Welsh Guards and also the Guards Division as I am sure that someone will have the answer somewhere :D

The sites are as follows:

WELSH GUARDS ONLINE

WELSH GUARDS REUNITED

I hope to be visiting this site now and again as it will be interesting to see what goes on

• 1 year later...
No doubt tons of people of got them, but have got the Guards Division WW1 History, as well as regimentals for Coldstreams, Grenadiers, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards. I guess it would be a help if anyone needed a lookup on someone who served in more than one guards outfit etc, but I'd be happy to do look ups/scan maps or whatever.

Freddy

Would it be possible to find out what the 1st Battalion Coldstream Guards were doing 19/04/1916 under Leiutenant Thewlis.