Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Soldiers Died Volumes

PBI

Aftrenoon all,due to shrinking Book Space in My Flat,i am going to Out my collection of SDGW Volumes,and as i am going to Ypres at the End of the Month,i was wondering if any Pals have had experience of Selling Books in Ypres ?..i was tempted to take them along to the British grenadier Bookshop,but have heard via the Grapevine that They buy Books at a pittance and then sell them on for Big Bucks.I also contemplated visiting the other Bookshop in the Booterstraat.Any advice,warnings, reccomendations, etc, most welcome.......... :D

They seem to fetch reasonable prices on ebay - any book dealer is going to need to take a significant cut/profit margin.

Why not ask Chris if his proposals to find another area where things can be sold are nearing fruition now that sales are no longer proper to the forum with the demise of the sales section?

Any advice...................most welcome.......... :D

I presume that, say, I sent you a PM expressing an interest in buying an edition or two, then we might be able to work something out between us (with breaking any Forum "no sales" rules"). ;)

By the way, Russ, which editions are you getting rid of? ;)

John

If you have the Hayward, red hardback edition, The Dorsetshire Regiment I would be willing to discuss a very good price.

Mick

Apologies.

Mick

Aftrenoon all,due to shrinking Book Space in My Flat,i am going to Out my collection of SDGW Volumes,and as i am going to Ypres at the End of the Month,i was wondering if any Pals have had experience of Selling Books in Ypres ?..i was tempted to take them along to the British grenadier Bookshop,but have heard via the Grapevine that They buy Books at a pittance and then sell them on for Big Bucks.I also contemplated visiting the other Bookshop in the Booterstraat.Any advice,warnings, reccomendations, etc, most welcome.......... :D

I would be interested in the replies as well as I know of 'someone' who has to move his 20 volumes :D

Either that or it is tent in the garden time.

stevem

Hi Steve,a Fellow Forum Member is now the proud owner of all my SDGW Volumes,the consensus seems to be avoid selling to Book Dealers.

Hi Steve,a Fellow Forum Member is now the proud owner of all my SDGW Volumes,the consensus seems to be avoid selling to Book Dealers.

I shall take your advice and 'tout' them elsewhere. problem is i cannot mention the Regiments I have :D

stevem