Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

An Unknown Woman Victim of the Great War headstone

southafricawargraves

Hi,

Years ago, photographed an "Unknown Nurse of the Great War" in Mikra Cemetery in Greece and thought it was the only unknown woman headstone. Today got an Unknown Woman Victim of the Great War in Kantara War Cemetery.

I'll send along to whomever wants it in May when I get home.

Ralph

Hi,

Years ago, photographed an "Unknown Nurse of the Great War" in Mikra Cemetery in Greece and thought it was the only unknown woman headstone. Today got an Unknown Woman Victim of the Great War in Kantara War Cemetery.

I'll send along to whomever wants it in May when I get home.

Ralph

Hello, Ralph, I have a note that you provided me with the Kantar War Cemetery one some while ago. Perhaps then it was the Mikra one and I made a mistake. But I would welcome a copy when you get back. Have a Carlsberg for me if you get to Alexandia (cult movie - Ice Cold In Alex with John Mills).

Would it be possible to have copies of these two pictures please?

I have never seen any like that, and collect "Unknown" headstones.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Ralph

I would appreciate a copy the pictures as well please

Regards

Andy

Hi guys,

No worries, will send along. Jim, the Mikra Greece stone was an "Unknown Nurse of the Great War", the one I got the other day was Egypt (Kantara)

I've been doing all the women war graves in Egypt, so I'll have a stash for all that want them. But of course some reciprocation is much appreciated, see the South Africa War Graves Project website. I'll be back in May. Contact me via email then.

R.