Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hospital Blues

Adam Shaw

Forgive me if I'm not accurate with the terminology but I'm aware that Hospital Blues were worn while in Military Hospitals. Was the tradition or practice different in RN Hospitals? I have a number of photographs, mainly I believe taken at the RN Hospital, Hull where the injured men are wearing what appear to be white dustcoats ( not a doctors mode of dress ).

post-11379-1172224193.jpg

I don't quite know how this has happened but the photograph attached to this post appears to have jumped across from the topic / post to which it was originally attached i.e "Merchant Seaman?" which was on this board. Anyone know how this happened or how to send it back to the correct topic

Alickie , type "hospital blues" in to the "search" faculty top right. Those are not hospital blues. i am not sure if sailors wore them while recuperating ? "MO"

Mo, there has been a problem with this topic. The picture attached to post No 1 above should not be there. It was originally attached to another topic "merchant seaman?" (on which you posted a reply) which I put on this board this morning. For some reason, and I can't work this out, the picture has detached itself from "merchant seaman?" and attached itself to this topic ("hospital blues"). I have no idea how that happened. If anyone knows how I can reassosciate the picturte with the intended topic please let me know!!

Heres an example of what I mean by the white dustcoats as opposed to Hospital Blues. Incidentally the photo of the man (accidentally posted earlier) above at Post#1 is in this picture in the back row 2nd left but I have no idea who he is. My grandfather is back row 3rd from the right.

post-11379-1172248667.jpg