Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

EGYPT HOSPITALS

Kirkes Lamb

My Grandfather (RMLI) was injured at Gallipoli and ended up at the Hospital in Giza and the Covalencent Home at El Abassia (both Cairo Area) Later in the war he ended up in Hospital in Rouen.

Wonder if anyone has any pictures of these places or further info?

I cannot help with these exact units, but No. 5 Canadian Stationary Hospital was located at the New Cavalry Barracks Abbassia from August, 1915. Their War Diary might give you some idea of the workings of the medical services in and around Abbassia at that time.

I cannot help with these exact units, but No. 5 Canadian Stationary Hospital was located at the New Cavalry Barracks Abbassia from August, 1915. Their War Diary might give you some idea of the workings of the medical services in and around Abbassia at that time.

Thanks appreciated- I will have to go and have a look to see if it is still there! I work in Cairo.

Hi

Do you know if the Ponte de Koubbeh Hospital, which was situated in 1915 7 or 8 miles out from Cairo, still exists? If so I'd appreciate a reference point to get some photos.

Regards

Zack

Hi

Do you know if the Ponte de Koubbeh Hospital, which was situated in 1915 7 or 8 miles out from Cairo, still exists? If so I'd appreciate a reference point to get some photos.

Regards

Zack

I dont but I will ask the guys in my office and revert