Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Another Medal Split A WW1 Trio

Rob Bulloch

Hello Forum Members

There is a Trio of WW1 Medals being split on Ebay they are to a Cpl. T.S. Mears ASC the Ebay item Numbers on them are as follows.

# 2206915684. # 2206914978. #2206915368.

The name, rank and serial number are given on the first medal listed but not on the other two I Emailed the seller and he gave me the details of the other medals, I have sent the seller a nice Email pointing out the error in doing this. PLEASE MEMBERS of the FORUM send this seller an Email and let it be know that this is wrong. Thanks for your help in this matter. Regards Rob.

Hi Rob,

Well done again. I have dropped the seller a nice e-mail pointing out the error of his ways . Let us wait and see if he pulls the singles and sells them as a trio.

Neil

;) I have also sent an email asking why?

Hope he is decent enough to see error of ways!

:o

so here is his reply!! What a ******

"hi

yes. all three create different interests

thanks

phil "

so come on all of you Pals flood him with emails and shame him. Once split they will never be re-united.

Tony

I have also e-mailed him tonight, begging him "from the bottom of my heart" not to split them up, after seeing his previous response it may not help but it has to be worth a try.

All

I have just had a proper look at all three auctions and feel that it will not be possible for the seller to keep them together as he has bids on all of them (you can't cancel the auction then).

What I have done now, however, is to e-mail the high bidder on the BWM & VM to beg him to buy all three (as he was outbid on the Star) and not to let them get split.

I'm now waiting for the nasty e-mail from eBay in return :(

I have just received an e-mail from the seller of these medals on eBay below:

hi

they are being sold for a client who has asked them to be sold indivually. i agree with you. they were awarded to one man and they should be kept together. unfortunately the client disagrees.

thanks

phil

Hopefully someone will buy all three.

Dee, you must write much more charming emails than me. I didn't get a reply :(

My secret weapon:

"Hi there

I hope you don't mind me contacting you and I mean no disrespect but I have noticed that you have a WW1 Trio of medals beloging to the same person including this one but selling individually.

May I please beg with you not to split them but to advertise them as a whole.

My reason for this request? This may seem silly but my granddad fought in The Great War and my dad never got to keep his medals (his stepmum had them and then disappeared), I have been relentlessly searching for them ever since without success, but I would hate to think that they had been split and were in different locations.

As I have a very keen interest in the Great War and what it stood for, having seen the battlefields at first hand I know what took place was devastating, and these medals once belonged to someone who gave their all for us.

So from the very bottom of my heart, please, please let them stay together."

Unfortunately I haven't yet had a response from the chap that was buying so I don't think that the charm worked very well there. :unsure: