Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SS PLUM BRANCH

daveuk6

Has any one go any info on this ship i have to photos of her tride to fined some info on her on the net just no luck

Dave

Thanks

Plum Branch was a 4,798 grt steamer built in 1921 by Palmers' SB. & Iron Co., Ltd., Newcastle for the Nautilus Steam Shipping Co., Ltd. (F. & W. Ritson managers), Sunderland. She was sold in 1933 to Cia. Chilena de Nav. Interoceanica, Valparaiso, renamed Antofagasta and stranded and sank at Punta Tucapel, Gulf of Lebu, on July 25 1945, while on a voyage from Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso with general cargo.

Best wishes,

Michael

Thank you for the info i found these mixed with some photos i got from a juch shop thank you for your help

Dave

Dave

I have a engraved metal teapot from the Plum Branch. What is interesting about the ship is that all the ships belonging to Nautilis are "Branches". Plum Branch and a sister ship were built after the war. There was a Willow Branch that was Q ship and was sunk in the war. I guess the compensation cash was used to build Plum Branch. But the slump in the 1920s ended her connection with UK

Regards

David