Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Staglieno Cemetery, Genoa

swizz

Morning all,

This weekend I hope - weather permitting - to visit the CWGC plot at Staglieno Cemetery, Genoa, Italy. Info here: http://www.cwgc.org/search/cemetery_detail...0400&mode=1

Would anyone like pictures taken of any particular graves?

I need to know by tomorrow night (Thursday 25th) as I'm unlikely to be able to check the Forum after that. Sorry for the short notice but this is a very last minute trip!

Swizz

Swizz,

A great offer, thank you.

Could you manage, please -

Guilding SCL 1D49

Hodd HE 1B23

Thank you, Bob

Hi Bob,

No problem! I am hoping that the weather will allow me to go - there is snow forecast for Friday! I will get back to you early next week.

Best wishes

Swizz

Yes please!

266418 OLDERSHAW Pte Edward

d 25/12/17

Staglieno Genoa I A 229

Please forgive me if I do not respond to you immediately. I'll be away from my computer for a while - I'll contact you when back on-line. And much obliged.

Swiss

Name: GIFFORD, CHARLES GILBERT

Initials: C G

Nationality: United Kingdom

Regiment/Service: Royal Army Medical Corps

Unit Text: 11th Gen. Hosp

Date of Death: 15/11/1918

Service No: 87466

Additional information: Son of Mrs. A. Morriss (formerly Gifford), of Thornton Oast, Eastry, Kent, and the late Henry Gifford. Born at Wingham, Canterbury.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: II. A. 19.

Cemetery: STAGLIENO CEMETERY, GENOA

If i may please

Chris

Greenwoodman and Chris - no problem! I have made a note of these men and will do my best to get the pictures. As I told Bob, the trip to the cemetery is weather dependent but hopefully it will be OK!

Swizz

Swizz

thanks very much

chris

Swizz

If it's not to late can I ask you to try for, Worsfold W, Royal West Surrey Reg, 30/01/1918, plot I. A. 18

Regards

Stephen

As you can see the weather turned out to be good - cold but sunny. I have posted reduced size versions of these pictures but if any of you would like the full size version, just PM me with an email address and I'll send them through!

Swizz

Swizz,

What superb photos, thank you very much, I'm most grateful. I hope it was a pleasant trip?

Regards,

Bob

Swizz

Absolutely wonderful, it is a very good photograph, thank you for taking the time to get it for me.

If you ever need anything from the Shropshire area, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards

Stephen

No problem Stephen - I was pleased with the photos too! The sun was shining across the headstones rather than straight down on them which made them much easier to read - so I can't claim all the credit!

Swizz