Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Craven Roll 1914-1918

stephendixon

I have obtained the Craven Roll, (West Yorkshire -Keighley, Skipton, etc) for the Great War. It is a good source for photographs and certain information. Let me know if I could be of assistance.

• 2 months later...

Hi Stephen

Wonder if you have time if you would be kind enough to look up a Gunner 796293 Noble Robinson RA, who was killed on 29/7/1917.

Very much appreciated

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there any mention of the following -

Reginald Hebden,

Lewis Throup.

They are both great grandfathers to my wife, and came from the Skipton / Aire Valley area.

Thanks for reading this message,

Nick

Hello

Thank you for the offer

Is there any mention of the following person please?

266415 Private J Greenbank

Duke of Wellington (West Riding Regiment)

2nd/6th Battalion

Date of Death: 1st May 1917

From Stainforth near Settle

Many thanks

Kim

Theres Cravens part in great war online

Excellent source of info except the search wasnt working this morning!

http://www.cpgw.org.uk/index.cfm

Kim.

There are three Greenbanks listed one Arthur,The other James who is probably your man both on St Marys Memorial Cross and also the Memorial plaque at the same church. Stainforth.

A Greenbank is listed under 1/6th West Ridings deployed in 1915 (Page 36 online nominal)

J Greenbank is listed as D Coy 2/6th (PAGE 42 online) as is a W Greenbank.

Ady

Ady thanks for taking the trouble to look for my James Greenbank - I'd already looked on the craven site and I have the photos of Stainforth memorial (the Greenbanks are all related from memory).

I was especially interested in the comment from Stephen2764 when he mentioned possible photos - I have been trying to track one down of James (he married my great auntie) I have spoken to Skipton library they looked and didn't find anything in their roll of honour (although the other Greenbank's were mentioned, just not my James - sod's law I believe it's called). So it would seem if Stephen doesn't have it I may need to take a trip to Skipton to look through the newspaper archives, which would be nice to complete before 1 May as it's the 90th anniversary of his death on that day.

Thanks for your interest.

Kim

Oh Ady, thank you so much - that's just wonderful.

I did look on that website a few weeks ago so this must be a new addition, just shows you should check things every now and then.

I shall now lay his photo on his wife's grave on the anniversary of his death, as I laid hers on his grave last October.

Thank you.