• Soren's -Drawing Down of Blinds
    • Owen's Battle of Morval
    • Steve's - Plough Boys
    • Gunboat's - Walking Wounded Poem
    • Spike's - Solong Street
    • Chris's- Blessed Relief
    • Landsturm's- Casualty Clearing Station
    • Dan Morton's- Model of Stretcher Bearer Casualty

Vote for your favourite ( I hope I got every body,- let me know if I missed you out). Gunboat, you got my vote ...well done

(Marina- I hope you don't mind me just going ahead and doing the poll......) Links will follow

Vote for your favourite ( I hope I got every body,- let me know if I missed you out). Gunboat, you got my vote ...well done

(Marina- I hope you don't mind me just going ahead and doing the poll......) Links will follow

Mind? I am eternally grateful!

Marina

Difficult choice. All are very good! Steve's ploughboys tugs at my heart a bit, but I voted for Soren because the combination of his images and Owen's anthem is IMHO masterful.

All the best,

Dan

Gave mine to Spike this time... between the visual arts, the choice was quite tough one to do. With a title like this, there's always the danger of submitions resembling eachother... Who puts up the January?

By the way, Owen... just noticed something. The chap in my illustration resembles a bit the guy in yours.

I guess he wasn't too lucky, wounded whether he was in a trouser or a kilt unit... funny coincidence.

post-1862-1167789686.jpg

Well I went for Steve's ploughboys. Don't know just something about it. It was a difficult decision as they were all very good.

Think up something good Landstrum and you never know I may even give it a go.

Ali

By the way, Owen... just noticed something. The chap in my illustration resembles a bit the guy in yours.

I guess he wasn't too lucky, wounded whether he was in a trouser or a kilt unit... funny coincidence.

I've just noticed the sling I added to my chap doesn't go around his neck properly.

What dodgey medic put that on.....er me, it wasn't in the original photo!

Whilst I vote every month, I rarely comment but felt I had to this time. December was ridiculously difficult to vote on. So many excellent submissions, written, drawn & created. Congratulations to everyone who took part..............For what it's worth the Plough Boys got my vote.