Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Replacement MiC cards?

doogal

I have a soldier who was declared as operating under an alias. On is Silver War badge medal roll, his badge number is entirely different to those others listed on his page.

Theirs all have a "B231/017, B231/018" number, and his line, whilst in the middle of the page, is not part of the sequence - it sits between 017 and 018, and his number has:

Rep: 68/N/26

from reading the main site, (see here: Long Long Trail MiC replacements notes ), it would appear that this may refer to a replacement badge/card.

does anyone know if this number can be traced to a different MiC or medal roll at all? or is the remaining card and medal roll as far as I can hope to get with it?

regards

doogal

• 2 weeks later...
I have a soldier who was declared as operating under an alias. On is Silver War badge medal roll, his badge number is entirely different to those others listed on his page.

Theirs all have a "B231/017, B231/018" number, and his line, whilst in the middle of the page, is not part of the sequence - it sits between 017 and 018, and his number has:

Rep: 68/N/26

from reading the main site, (see here: Long Long Trail MiC replacements notes ), it would appear that this may refer to a replacement badge/card.

does anyone know if this number can be traced to a different MiC or medal roll at all? or is the remaining card and medal roll as far as I can hope to get with it?

regards

doogal

His original MIC might list that he joined up, or served under a different name.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I've been raking through my old posts and thought I'd bounce this one back up just in case any MIC experts missed it last time.

for interest, the soldier I'm researching did in fact marry my Gt Grandfather's widow. Family legend has it that he scarpered to Oz soon after....

would appreciate any advice here - and thanks to gunner's dream, with my apologies for not posting back at the time

many thanks

doogal