Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Meaning of "List..." on Card

carolm

Season Greetings,

Can anyone tell me the meaning of the entry "List T.G/211" on this card? The soldier was wounded in November 1916 and discharged due to his wounds in March 1917. I had expected to see an entry for a SWB. All the others that I have come across show this as "SWB List ..." before the reference.

Could this be just another form for the notation for a SWB or something else entirely?

Many thanks

Carolyn

post-5583-1167090429.jpg

Seasoned greetings Carolyn, I believe that it does relate to SWB, I have a similar MIC to Arthur (see sig.) which reads; List G/A/ 1076, hope this is of some help to ya', cheers, Jon :D

Jon is right - its a Silver War Badge.

Mike S

Many thanks Jon and Mike. It is good to have that confirmation.

Carolyn

It is the SWB issue Roll Page reference,these are held @ the NA & can be consulted & copied,each page lists around 5~12 Badges,in Numerical Order of Issue,pertaining to the Regiment,etc;, & gives dates of enlistment,Regiment or Corps discharged from{sometimes with Company/Battalion/Battery Numbers}date of discharge,nature of discharge{usually a KRs392/***,number but often a written cause~GSW,Hernia,Wounded,Sickness,Gassed,etc;} & sometimes Age on discharge,plus confirms Overseas or Home Service.

-consequently in the abscence of many Service Papers these Roll pages are well worth obtaining.

Thanks for that additional information Harry.

Carolyn