Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ASC group at Shanes Park Camp - Randalstown

Shanes Park Camp

Unfortunately i have no names for anyone in this group. A message on the back of the postcard reads -

To Miss D. Rackly

From Fred with best wishes

Taken at Randalstown 10 May 1918

Any info at all on this photo or the unit would be greatly appreciated.

post-17607-1166273632.jpg

Jamez

Rackly is more likely to be Rackley. There were a large number of people living in Buckinghamshire with that name. Just had a quick look at the 1901 census and there are a couple of young girls named Daisy and Doris Rackley in Buckinghamshire at that time and a Dorothy Rackley in Edmonton; however if Miss Rackl(e)y lived in Ireland, that's another story.

Myrtle

Thanks Myrtle for your quick reply. The card was not postally used and there are no other inscriptions on the back. I would think the card was sent to an address in England with other correspondence.

The image on the original is pin sharp and very detailed. The soldier seated in the middle at the bottom of the picture is holding a kitten. I`m thinking that the two young lads in white may have taken part in a boxing contest. The one on the right is holding a piece of paper in his right hand. Prize perhaps! I know from newspaper reports that many boxing contests and sports days where held at this camp.

James