Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

EAST AFRICA CAMPAIGN

mrfish

The following attachment is part of a soldier's 'Casualty Form' from the East Africa Campaign. The form basically shows the dates he was hospitalised and discharged and the reason and along side - the place.

I can read Morogoro, which I believe is in Tanzania, but what are the other places? Does anyone familiar with the campaign know these locations?

post-11503-1166020252.jpg

Cheers

mrfish

><(((((*>

Mbuyuni - Kenya

Voi - Kenya

Morogoro - Tanzania

Dar Es Salaam - Tanzania

He goes backwards from Mbuyuni to Voi and then obviously recovers and ends up on the central railway at Morogoro where the large tented hospital and Imperial Detail Camp was situated.

Please show rest of form in high res.

Roop

If you head west from Mombasa, Kenya you will find Mbuyuni. Further west (halfway between the coast and the Tanzanian border) is Voi. Heading further west and crossing the Tanzanian border you will arrive at the area that Kondoa has recently visted and posted pictures of on the Forum.

Dar Es Salaam is on the coast of Tanzania south of Mombasa, and Morogoro is inland from there.

Try MSN Live Search maps for current maps.

Steve.

Roop

Thanks very much for the speedy reply. It's very much appreciated. I tried attaching the whole page and it was too big. I will PM you and try to send the whole page, as you may be able to help with some other movements on there.

Cheers

><((((*>

If you head west from Mombasa, Kenya you will find Mbyuni. Further west (halfway between the coast and the Tanzanian border) is Voi. Heading further west and crossing the Tanzanian border you will arrive at the area that Kondoa has recently visted and posted pictures of on the Forum.

Dar Es Salaam is on the coast of Kenya south of Mombasa, and Morogoro is inland from there.

Try MSN Live Search maps for current maps.

Steve.

Many thanks, Steve

For Mbuyuni you now need to look where Tsavo Game Reserve , west boundary crosses the Taveta - Voi Road. It is not marked on modern maps although similarly named places appear.

Roop

My apologies. I've just noticed that there are at least ytwo Mbuyuni's near Mombasa even. Talk about getting lost....

Steve.