Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RM Labour Corps

domwalsh

Hi there,

A number of years ago I acquired a Victoria Naval LSGC to a CH.2688 Pte George Edward Hanham RMLI. I have long believed he was one and one and the same as Deal 11264/S George Edward Hanham RMLC who won a DSM in WW1. I know that most RMLC recruits were ex-marines approaching their 50s but have never been able to confirm the connection. I have his ADM 159 series record of service for his earlier service, but the relevent attestation paper batch in ADM157/3459 has many holes, including 11264. Anyone have any further thoughts on this?

Many thanks in advance,

Dom

Dom,

A pity his RMLC attestation is missing as that would have detailed his former service. To save you looking, there are no papers for this man in the Chatham Division series at the FAAM. With the number 2688 he would have enlisted sometime in 1883 (towards the end of that year probably) and have been discharged to pension around 1904/5. I do not know where else you might make the conection.

H2

Yes, it's a shame. I guess a local paper might have covered athe DSM award and mentioned any former service, but it's a long shot that I haven't explored yet.

Thanks all the same,

Dom