Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Training Reserve Battalions

chris champion

Does anyone have any information on the Training Reserve Bns particularly the 10th(Reserve)Bde during period Dec 1916 to Nov 1917? I have reason to believe that my Grandfather served in the 10th(Reserve)Bde during 1917 at Wareham, Dorset.

TM

TM

Did you read the Long Long Trail page on this ?

http://www.1914-1918.net/training-reserve.htm

This lists the 5 Reserve Battalions which made up the 10th Brigade

Best wishes

Sotonmate

Hi S,

Thanks for the tip, I'm unable to connect with the link you have provided I guess there might be a problem with site so I'll try later.

Have any records been retained for the Training Reserve for research/viewing?

Regards

TM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any information on the Training Reserve Bns particularly the 10th(Reserve)Bde during period Dec 1916 to Nov 1917? I have reason to believe that my Grandfather served in the 10th(Reserve)Bde during 1917 at Wareham, Dorset.

TM

Just refreshing this request for help

TM

• 1 month later...
Just refreshing this request for help

TM

Hi

Just resurrecting query.

Does anyone have any information on the Training Reserve Bns particularly the 10th(Reserve)Bde during period Dec 1916 to Nov 1917? Particularly their whereabouts during this period. I have reason to believe that my Grandfather served in the 10th(Reserve)Bde during 1917 at Wareham, Dorset.

Any pictures of 10th(Reserve)Bde during 1917 would be appreciated.

Regards

TM

Hi

Just resurrecting query.

Does anyone have any information on the Training Reserve Bns particularly the 10th(Reserve)Bde during period Dec 1916 to Nov 1917? Particularly their whereabouts during this period. I have reason to believe that my Grandfather served in the 10th(Reserve)Bde during 1917 at Wareham, Dorset.

Any pictures of 10th(Reserve)Bde during 1917 would be appreciated.

Regards

TM

TM: I think you must now hold the record (three times) for resurrecting a query in the same thread (not to mention your similar queries elsewhere in the Forum!) Is it going to be a monthly event? :) I would think that by now anyone with any info would have responded. The trouble is that the TRBs were a bit anomalous and amorphous. I've come across very little about them, apart from the postcard photo of the 44th, my scan of which interested you last year, and it's not even clear exactly where that was taken ("near Warminster" is the best I can do).

Information about the Home Service of well-established units is hard enough to come by (apart from mobilisation and the raising and training of new battalions that retained their identities on active service). Charles Messenger in Call to Arms has a couple of recollections of life in other TRBs, and I can't think that there are many more around.

I've just searched the Imperial War Museum documents database, and had just eight hits for "Training Reserve - none to do with the 44th

Moonraker