Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fanny Isobel Catherine TYSON

mamckenzie

Does anyone have a photo of this nursing sister who served in the Australian Army Nursing Service in WW1 in Egypt, France, FOvant and Sutton Veney? She died in April 1919 and is buried at Sutton Veney.

Does anyone have a photo of this nursing sister who served in the Australian Army Nursing Service in WW1 in Egypt, France, FOvant and Sutton Veney? She died in April 1919 and is buried at Sutton Veney.

I haven't got them (yet) but there are three group photographs in the Australian Archives that include her. The first one is of the patients and staff of ward 7, 2 Group Clearing Hospital, at the AIF Camp, Hurdcot. The second is a group photograph of the staff of 1 Auxiliary Hospital, 1 A.G.H., Heliopolis. The third is of Australian nurses taking tea at 2 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, near Steernwerck. I have visited her grave and have a photograph of it. I hope that this helps.

I haven't got them (yet) but there are three group photographs in the Australian Archives that include her. The first one is of the patients and staff of ward 7, 2 Group Clearing Hospital, at the AIF Camp, Hurdcot. The second is a group photograph of the staff of 1 Auxiliary Hospital, 1 A.G.H., Heliopolis. The third is of Australian nurses taking tea at 2 Australian Casualty Clearing Station, near Steernwerck. I have visited her grave and have a photograph of it. I hope that this helps.

Thanks Jim, It is the first photo you mention that I have seen a description of but when visiting the AWM last month they would not show it to me!!!! I plan a visit to her grave very soon. I brought a gum leaf back to put on it when I go. I shall keep looking. Thanks. mamck