Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Walk Round Kemmel Tony Spagnoly Ted Smith

David_Blanchard

The publication date for this book has been given as Jan 2002, but I have failed to locate a copy.

Regards

David

I saw Ted Smith at Ploegsteert back in October, and it seemed the liklihood of this book coming out was slim, which is a shame as Kemmel is an interesting part of the Salient.

Thanks for your replies. I am taking a school group to the area around Kemmel next May, so I thought this book would have given me some background.

David

How's your French David?

If it's any good to you, I can send you a decent little (modern) French language guide to the area around Kemmel of 1918 including an interesting itinery.

Dave

• 1 year later...
I saw Ted Smith at Ploegsteert back in October, and it seemed the liklihood of this book coming out was slim, which is a shame as Kemmel is an interesting part of the Salient.

I presume with the recent passing away of Tony Spagnoly the chances of this book ever being published are now even slimmer?

Roel :(

There is a chapter and some photos of Kemmel and Locre in Paul Reed's excellent book Walking the Salient.

(Battleground Europe ISBN 0 85052 617 5)

Regards

John

• 2 months later...

Just picked this post up. It was very sad to learn of Tony's death last year. He gave an excellent talk at the East Kent WFA a few years back.

Regards

David

Some of the material in the original Battleground Europe book (large format), published about twenty years ago, was derived from one or two of the cameos that Tony Spagnoly let me use. If you can get hold of the Burgoyne Diaries, it is a useful a vade mecum.

• 2 years later...