Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

List of those who died in the Easter uprising in 1915?

Guest Michael Hall

Guest Michael Hall

My late aunt’s boyfriend was a member of 59th (2nd North Midland) Division and was sent to help crush the Easter uprising in 1915 and his Division was ordered to Ireland on 24th April and he sent her a postcard saying that he was sailing for Ireland on Thursday 3rd May 1915. I presume he was killed as there seems to be no other mention of him.

Is there a list of men killed in Ireland in that uprising? I only have the initials EHD or ELD but, at least, I could search such a list for a likely match.

Not being piccy but the easter uprising was 1916

My late aunt’s boyfriend was a member of 59th (2nd North Midland) Division and was sent to help crush the Easter uprising in 1915 and his Division was ordered to Ireland on 24th April and he sent her a postcard saying that he was sailing for Ireland on Thursday 3rd May 1915. I presume he was killed as there seems to be no other mention of him.

Is there a list of men killed in Ireland in that uprising? I only have the initials EHD or ELD but, at least, I could search such a list for a likely match.

This site maybe of some use to you

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/1916_easter_rising.htm

Joan