Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Menin Gate Ceremony Photos

noe

I know some of you wasn't able to get to the Menin Gate Ceremony this year(11-11-03), So thought I would share some of my photo's I took when I was there. I'm no great photographer, so I hope there OK.

Regards

Noé

(I had to make the pictures small so they would fit on this thread)

post-8-1069243030.jpg

Mark, Great photographs!

I wish I could have been there with you. The Menin Gate on the 11th November must be something special.

Well done!

Regards

Terry

I was lucky enough to be apart of the poppy parade, so I was able to march straight throught into the Menin Gate, then as I was laying a wreath I was directed to the side, were there was room for me stand on the stage type thing(just left of the chior). I did feel lucky to have a great place to stand as it was my first time aswell.

Noe,

Thought so!!! Do you remember, after laying the wreath, to be guided back to the Poppy parade emplacement bya good looking, handsome, polite, always smiling gentleman ?. Yes ????. That was me. :lol::lol:

Jacky

Noé, wonderful pictures, thanks.

Now tell us, did this wonderfully handsome smiling polite gentleman have lipstick all over his face? If so, it must indeed have been Jacky!

Christina Holstein

While not there for 11/11 (funny how the date 11 is now not thought of the same way) Tom Morgan got us to a tremendous spot just a few day after 9/11. My wife and I were moved by the ceremony AND the inclusion of the 9/11 fallen in a special prayer.

EV01_D09__178_Ypres_-_Menin_Gate_-_Last_

And of course, the inevitable tourist photo:

EV01_D09__180_Ypres_-_Menin_Gate_-_Last_

For a somewhat personal view of the trip to the battle fields of young Tom and his two American wards:

Trip to Ypres and Vimy Ridge

BTW ... I often use the recording available on the web of Last Post played at the Gate ... you can hear a person sobbing while the bugle plays ... very effective.

Last Post mp3