The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Casualty Clearing Stations/Walking Wounded

marina

Well done Chris, fantastic.

Hi

Here is my atempt on the subject

Chris

Spike, was there really a 'Solong Street'?

Marina

Gunboat- thanks for the compliment. I wish I could do poems like you- that really does paint a picture ( all of mine sound like limericks- "there was an old man from....etc, etc)

Spike thought he was wasting time

In writing a MGWAT rhyme

After a many a trial

They were still limerick in style

But I say that will do fine :D

Thanks for the compliment I always think of poetry as painting with words so that really meant a lot.

Chris, excellent entry!

Spike thought he was wasting time

In writing a MGWAT rhyme

After a many a trial

They were still limerick in style

But I say that will do fine :D

:lol::lol:

Made me giggle.....

Chris, that is fantastic! Everyone's drawings are just wonderful, and a whole lot better than mine.

Soren, I love yours as well. I seem to remember seeing it on ebay recently. That and your Christmas truce drawings? Rather made me wish I was up to my ears in cash...

Chris, that is fantastic! Everyone's drawings are just wonderful, and a whole lot better than mine.

Soren, I love yours as well. I seem to remember seeing it on ebay recently. That and your Christmas truce drawings? Rather made me wish I was up to my ears in cash...

Hi Lucy,

Yes you might have seen them in 'the other place'!

Anyone think we ought to split the poetry/prose from the artwork?

I have thought about that- sometimes I feel a bit a of a fraud, what, with some of the high standard drawings, but then I couldn't enter- mine are quite poor, so I go for short stories etc. If any others feel that way, then fair enough, but it seems a shame to divide up such, what I consider, a good body of work...it is only for expression, not a real contest- more a "show us what you can do", sort of thing.

I have thought about that- sometimes I feel a bit a of a fraud, what, with some of the high standard drawings, but then I couldn't enter- mine are quite poor, so I go for short stories etc. If any others feel that way, then fair enough, but it seems a shame to divide up such, what I consider, a good body of work...it is only for expression, not a real contest- more a "show us what you can do", sort of thing.

I agree. The variety of entries is half the fun.

Marina

I'm with Spike and Marina it is what makes MGWAT what it is,

Mandy

Excellent detail, the one with the head bandage looks as if he's trying to bear his wounds stoically, whilst the other seated tommy looks in some pain.....

Wow to all entries, its going to be hard to choose which one to vote for.

Annette

Just a quick question. DeviantART doesn't work properly on all servers. Can you see it?

As for versions, my Opera shows it somehow, but Explorer shows DA veryy well. What do you use? And how does it look? Can you view it in full size?