Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RND Field Art Xmas Card

Chris_B

I have scanned a piece of RND field art which is in the form of a Xmas card from Gallipoli. It's a scan of a photocopy (not great quality but legible) I wouldn't dare ask my elderly neighbour if I could lend the original, she generously gave me the photocopy.

But what's the appropriate Forum section for this sort of item. I have no idea if such a thing is rare or common place. Perhaps you can say.

Chris.

Chris,

You could put it in Units and Formations, but, at risk of upsetting the Monopolies Commission, and presuming you also want to be the first to wish everyone Season's Greetings, then stay here in Chit-Chat, which is, amongst other things, the Pals social club.

I didn't wish to jump the gun with an early Xmas card. That can wait to nearer the day. Just wanted to know if this example of field art was common place.

Unit Christmas cards do survive and are unusual but not that scarce as they were an item that typically was kept but they are collectible. Some units are less common than others. It is the sort of thing that you might well see at a postcard fair.

Nonetheless I think one can regard them as treasures, particularly with a provenance