Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Advanced Notice

Guest Hill 60

Sorry, not an advanced notice about Arthur Halestrap, but about Richard Holmes.

WESTERN FRONT ASSOCIATION (MILTON KEYNES)

The committee has great pleasure in announcing an evening with the hugely popular military historian:

RICHARD HOLMES talking on ‘THE SOMME REVISITED’

On Friday, 19 March 2004, 7pm for 7.30pm

at the Cruck Barn, Discovery Centre, Bradwell Abbey, Milton Keynes.

Entry by ticket only.

•Advance tickets will be FREE to those local members who have made an annual donation to branch funds for the year 2003/4. (If you have not already made an annual donation for 2003/4 then please ask for an application form).

•Advance tickets are available to anyone else including members of the general public at £5.00 (or £6.00 on the door)

•We have a maximum of 200 tickets/seats.

•Refreshments will be available (included in the ticket price)

For those wishing to attend send me (via PM or e-mail) your e-mail address & full name and I'll pass it onto the Branch Committee.

I must stress that I am NOT on the Committee, nor do I represent them. However I thought that the Pals might be interested in this particular Branch meeting.

And, Will if you come over please make yourself known to me. I feel that all MK Inmates should stick together :lol:

Simon - I will be going, as will my carer (Jean) and I'd like to see Will go, well he is a fellow inmate of MK :lol:. As for any other Pals, I haven't a clue.

And, Will if you come over please make yourself known to me. I feel that all MK Inmates should stick together :lol:

Yep sounds good to me. I need to get all the jollies in I can before my wife presents me with another child in May (I find 2 hours of sleep a night really restricts my ability to function as a human being - God knows why we're doing it for the 3rd time :lol: ). Lee will send you a PM with my details to the committee (or because it's the MK branch should that be escape committee)

MK inmates have to stick together, no one else will talk to us when they find out where we're from :P

Yep sounds good to me. I need to get all the jollies in I can before my wife presents me with another child in May

Will - Sell the bairn, and use the money for some battlefield tours and possibly a few medals :lol:

I don't envy you, all that screaming and smelly nappies followed by (in a few years) "Can I borrow some money/the car/some beer" :D

Will - Sell the bairn, and use the money for some battlefield tours and possibly a few medals :lol:

:lol: (Thank god Mrs O'B is safely tucked up in bed & can't see this post)

Will - OK, keep Mrs O'B happy and use some of the change to get her some flowers and a box of Terry's All Gold!

Stick with me, mate and you'll see I have a way with women :lol:

Will - OK, keep Mrs O'B happy and use some of the change to get her some flowers and a box of Terry's All Gold!

Stick with me, mate and you'll see I have a way with women :lol:

:lol::lol: I could chuck in the other 2 as a 3 for the price of 2 option & really go to town

Will - Message sent, get back to me if you don't hear anything in a few days.

Got my booking form today via email - very quick off the mark :D - Also got an application form to join - a bit of under cover recruitment :ph34r:

Also got an application form to join - a bit of under cover recruitment :ph34r:

:ph34r: Undercover? Don't know what you're talking about old boy, nothing undercover going on round here!

Actually, it is a good little branch and quite friendly...and even the yearly human sacrifice is a jolly affair!

I must stress that I am NOT on the Committee, nor do I represent them. However I thought that the Pals might be interested in this particular Branch meeting.

Slight change to my original posting

I have been given permission, by an MK Branch Committee Member, to e-mail ticket order forms to anyone who wishes to attend the above mentioned meeting. This will save time between you asking me to forward your request to the Committee and you getting the form.

I still must stress that I am not a member of the Committee.

Thanks to those who have already asked for the order form, it should be a very interesting talk with a bit of a hero of mine.

Actually, it is a good little branch and quite friendly...and even the yearly human sacrifice is a jolly affair!

In that case I'll have to give it due consideration :P unless it's a recruitment drive for the sacrifice :o

Evening Lee.

Thought i had better clear up my statement,about looking forward to seeing other forumites.

Myself,Brian,and Lesley,are going to see Professor Holmes on Saturday,at the Ox and Bucks branch.

I am hoping i may meet a few other Pals there tommorow,and looking forward to the talk.

Afraid i didn't check the the details in your posting,Lee,but thanks for the advance warning.

Well worth a look,i would think.

All the best.

Simon.